After completing this module, you will be able to:
1. Explain the purpose of a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE).
2. Understand what makes a complete TUE application, the steps to submitting a TUE and the general timeline for a TUE decision.
3. Understand the criteria for evaluation of a TUE by the TUE Committee of physicians for approval or denial of a TUE.
4.Navigate to all the USADA resources available online to help the patient-athlete apply for a TUE.
5. Understand the medical provider’s responsibilities in helping the patient-athlete submit a complete TUE.
6. Identify common problems with incomplete TUE applications.