Psychoeducation is a crucial part of CCT intervention with a child. It occurs in Session 1, after the assessment is completed, and should be conducted with both the child and caregiver.
For younger children, an additional session may be needed to convey this information better.
Goals of Psychoeducation
- Help the child and the caregiver understand:
– What trauma is and how it develops
– The normal stress response
– Trauma symptoms
– Development of cues through classical conditioning
- Give the child hope for healing and recovery
- Introduce CCT treatment: